Wednesday 17 August 2016

Salt

I have been visiting the same seaside village in South Wales for the past 16 years. It has become my second home and my sanctuary. It’s the only place I feel at peace and it makes me sad when I leave. I think a part of my soul lives there and I can only be complete when I am there. It’s where I go to catch my breath, heal my wounds, take a break, refresh, recharge, rest, revive, and come back to life again.

I have spent countless holidays there with family and friends. It started when I was about 10 which turned into an annual trip. Then my Mom and Dad bought a holiday home there and we stayed every school holiday, every bank holiday and every chance we got. I thought that as I grew up I wouldn’t want to visit as much after years and years of staying in the same place but even now I can’t get enough of being there.

I've made friends there from going out and working in the local café who I’ve grown up with, more so than some of the friends I have here. I even had a few romances. I’d like to live there one day but I always question whether I could leave behind my family and friends here, at home.

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t want to be on that beach with the sand beneath my feet, listening to the waves. It doesn’t matter what time of year, even if it’s chucking down with rain, it’s still where I’d rather be more than anywhere else in the world. It makes me feel whole.

Website • Email • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment